We are now collecting membership fees and subscriptions for 2020
Annual membership of the British Institute in Eastern Africa is open to all, and runs from January to December each year. Full membership costs just £20.00, and we offer a student membership at £15.00. There is full local membership for 1,500 KES and student local membership for 1,000 KES.
The benefits include:
- Online access to both BIEA journals – Azania: Archaeological Research in Africa and the Journal of Eastern African Studies.
- Full access to the British Institute in Eastern Africa’s extensive library in Nairobi, including borrowing rights, and to its research facilities there.
- Exclusive access to the Institute’s guesthouse apartments in Nairobi.
- Access to the Member’s Zone on our website, offering additional content and member’s discounts on BIEA publications
- A weekly electronic Bulletin with information on the Institute’s current projects and activities.
- Invitation to numerous events and seminars in Nairobi and the UK.
- Invitation to the British Institute in Eastern Africa’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Lecture in London.
Members receive a printed copy of the full Annual Report which we also publish online. The Minutes of the AGM are also published on line for those members who could not attend the meeting in person.
Members may subscribe to printed copies of our journals (Azania or Journal of Eastern African Studies [JEAS]) both published four times a year, at a substantially discounted rate of £25.00 for one journal (£45.00 for both). East African members can subscribe to the journals for KES 3,000/= per journal.
To be eligible for our discounted membership rate, students will need to download and complete the student form. East African members will need to show proof of permanent resident in eastern Africa and pay your subscription to our Nairobi office in Kenya Shillings (KES) cash or cheque or via M-PESA.
- Create an account or renew membership Membership levels
- Subscribe/renew using MPesa payment
- You may also subscribe/renew using Paypal
- Download the Membership Application Form – Membership Form
- Download the Direct Debit form* – Direct Debit Form
- Download the Student Form – Student Form
*For members paying via Direct Debit or PayPal there is a £2.00 discount.
If you have any membership queries, please contact our London Secretary via email on [email protected]ebritishacademy.ac.uk